Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Washington's Porter - Williamsburg AleWerks

I admit right up front that I probably would not have had this beer right now were I at a restaurant or bar, but it was the only thing in the office beer fridge that I had not had this year (and thus was not on THE LIST).  Note to self: need to improve the variety in the office fridge.  This was picked up as a Virginia brew for an event.

It pours with a reddish tint, but looks black in the glass.  Despite some effort in the pour, very little head, though what there is sticks to the side of the glass pretty nicely.  Definitely a coffee and chocolate smell and flavor - ends almost a little sweet. 

I give it a solid - all right.  Highly drinkable, not a meal in itself.  Would definitely drink it again, but probably would not go out of my way for one.

But, it really hit the spot for still being at my desk at 7 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment